Moreno valley is the largest population city in riverside country beside the city of riverside. This creates the unfortunate opportunity for traffic congestion and car accidents. Moreno Valley has also boomed with construction and an influx of people due to the Covid-19 pandemic. If you or a family member has been injured in a car accident, you need an experienced injury lawyer. If you ever find yourself in a crash, you may suffer an injury that keeps you away from work. This can put financial pressures on the family, on obligations, and on dreams.
What are the Most Common Causes of Car Accidents?
1) Distracted Driving – drivers who are distracted by their phone, stereo, eating or other devices or distractions can’t dedicate their entire attention to driving or upcoming dangers.
2) Speeding – If someone is driving 10-20 mph over the speed limit, not only do accidents happen much faster, but reaction time is reduced and the time it takes to stop is exponentially increased.
3) Drunk Driving – Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs causes reaction time to be significantly reduced, a decrease in depth perception, and a general slowdown of cognitive abilities.
4) Reckless Driving – Speeding, tailgating, traffic weaving are all good indications that an accident is about to happen. Unfortunately we get a front row seat to this behavior in Southern California traffic every day.
5) Inclement Weather – You’ve heard it before – Californian’s don’t know how to drive in the rain, (sometimes not even in perfect weather). Rain, wind, snow and even extreme heat can all cause their own problems when driving.
Top Moreno Valley Car Accident Lawyers – California
Common Injuries Associated with Car Accidents
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Brain injuries
- Burn injuries
- Permanent scarring
- Wrongful death
What to Do After a Car Accident in Moreno Valley
Whether or not you have been in a car accident before, it can help to know what you are supposed to do from a legal standpoint. You can take certain actions that will ultimately help your car accident claim in California. When in doubt, contact a lawyer for immediate assistance with your case. Then he will walk you through the steps to take for optimal claim results.
- Do not flee the scene of the car accident.
- Do not admit fault to the other driver.
- Call the police immediately.
- See if anyone has injuries, including you.
- Exchange contact information with the other driver.
- Take photographs of the crash site.
- Go to the hospital.
- Submit an insurance claim.
- Gather records of your accident and injuries.
- Hire a Moreno Valley car accident attorney.
Before you get too far in the insurance process, call our local law firm for a free consultation. We will work closely with you to help you understand your rights. We can investigate your car accident, collect evidence and deal with insurance adjusters for you. We know how California’s insurance system works and how to navigate it for the best results for our clients.
When Should You Hire an Attorney After a Car Accident?
The car accident claims process is not always easy to navigate as a victim. Insurance companies do not want to optimize claimants’ payouts. This can mean encountering issues such as insurance bad faith lowball settlement offers and unfairly denied claims. If you or someone you love has injuries from a car crash in Moreno Valley, you can protect yourself from an insurance adjuster by hiring a Jurupa car accident attorney. Working with a lawyer can be especially important if your injuries are serious or catastrophic. A car accident attorney in Moreno Valley can force an insurance company to offer a fair settlement amount.
Time Limit in California to File a Car Accident Claim
In California, the time limit to file a lawsuit for a car accident claim is 2 years from the date of accident. This is called the “Statute of Limitations” and is set by California Code of Civil Procedure Section 340. The statute of limitations for minors is extended until they reach 18 years old.
The Evidence You Need in a Moreno Valley Car Accident Case
To hold a negligent party responsible for a car accident, an attorney will help you collect critical evidence to support your claim. That will typically involve conducting an independent investigation to document the scene of the crash and surrounding area, which will help in determining liability. They may also obtain:
- The clothing you were wearing at the time.
- A copy of the police report.
- Witness statements.
- Available traffic camera or surveillance footage.
- Copies of accident-related medical records and bills.
- Pay stubs and tax returns to establish your lost income.
- Repair receipts for your vehicle or an appraisal if it is a total loss.
- A copy of your insurance policy and the at-fault party’s.
- Subpoenaing cell phone records.
- Collecting black box data. Depending on the type of vehicle involved, it may be equipped with a black box that can provide valuable information such as the vehicle’s speed, braking, and steering at the time of the accident.
A car accident lawyer will work quickly to preserve these types of evidence before they are lost or destroyed. They will also advise you on what to say to the at-fault party’s insurer, as well as what not to say. Insurance adjusters will often look for inconsistencies in your story to minimize their liability, so an attorney can help you avoid making an unintentional mistake that can reduce your compensation.
Summary: Just remind you what are common causes of car accidents in Moreno Valley
O Valley is avoidable. They occur because someone is negligent, careless or reckless. This is especially true in heavily trafficked cities and freeways, such as State Route 60. At Hanson & Moure, we are passionate about holding irresponsible drivers and other parties accountable for their actions. We represent clients and families throughout California who have injuries from the negligence or misconduct of others.
- Distracted driving
- Heavy traffic
- Driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol
- Drowsy driving
- Speeding or racing
- Reckless driving
- Red-light running
- Unsafe lane changes
- Failing to yield
- Failing to maintain a safe vehicle
No matter what caused your car crash in Moreno Valley, our lawyers can help you recover fair compensation from the at-fault party using proven and aggressive legal tactics. We can accurately evaluate your damages, collect proof of your losses, and go up against any driver or defendant on your behalf.